Ever since I can remember, I have loved to read. There are two main reasons that I can attribute to this. The first is that a good book is therapeutic. Books have the ability to provide a mental and emotional escape when someone is going through difficult times. The second reason is that books are some of the greatest teachers in the world. It doesn’t even have to be a phenomenal book and it will likely still have something to teach us.
My taste has varied over the years, from suspense to romance, fantasy to self-help, mystery to autobiography’s, religious to doctrinal, and so on. What these books have in common is that they’ve all either helped me or taught me. As I continue to locate the title’s of books from previous readings, I will add them to the list. And as I continue to read new books, I will add those worthy to the list, too.
My goal for 2018 has been to read one book per month. I don’t always achieve it, but I’ve gained a lot more insight just by trying.
Amazon offers both ebooks and hard copy books. Ebooks are great because, well, the whole saving-the-trees-thing, and you can have your book whenever, wherever. I prefer hard copy books for the following reasons: I have a bookcase in my home, I like to lend my books out to people, I try to limit my “screen time.” I have linked the books for maximum convenience, so all you have to do is click the image of the book and it will take you directly to it, where you can read previews, reviews, or purchase. Enjoy!
1. The Untethered Soul by Michael A. Singer
2. The Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle
3. A New Earth by Eckhart Tolle
4. Love and Respect by Dr. Emerson Eggerichs
5. The Gifts of Imperfection by Brene Brown
6. Adult Children of Alcoholics by Janet Woititz
7. The Mind-Gut Connection by Emeran Mayer
8. Outlander by Diana Gabaldon
9. The Subtle Art of Not Giving A F*ck by Mark Manson
10. Promise Me, Dad: A Year of Hope, Hardship, and Purpose by Joe Biden
11. The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho
12. You Are A Badass by Jen Sincero
13. Don’t Sweat the Small Stuff by Richard Carlson
14. When Girls Next Door Kill by Iris Owen